Principal’s MemoPosted on
A reminder that next week will be midterm exam week (schedule below) and our 2nd quarter ends next Friday, January 17th. Report cards will be emailed on the 24th. Please contact your child’s teachers to check on their progress and don’t hesitate to contact the staff with any questions. All contact information is available on our website.
Here are this week’s announcements:
Student Supply Closet
The Student Closet is low on some specific items. If you are able to help “re-stock” it would be greatly appreciated! We need: Pasta, pasta sauce, canned tuna, peanut butter, canned soups, cereal, granola bars, sandwich crackers, Hannaford/Wal-Mart Gift cards, hats/mittens/gloves Donations can be brought in by students to Mrs. Dupee in Room 106. If a student/family is in need of any items they can contact Mrs. Dupee, Mrs. Reed or the guidance department.
Mid Term Testing Preparation and Schedule!
Power-Up Snack and Study – End of Q2 – Students who want some delicious after school snacks, a great place to study for mid-term exams and to catch up on quarter 2 work will want to attend the End of Quarter 2 Power-Up Snack & Study. After-School Help Sessions, in the OOBHS Brownrigg Library today and 13th From 2:45 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. Snacks and drinks will be provided. All Students Welcome.
- Friday, January 10 (Last Blue Day)
- Monday, January 13 ( Last White Day)
- Tuesday 1/14 (Blocks 1 8:30-10:00, Block 3 10:30-12:00) and afternoon make-ups
- Wednesday, 1/15 (Block 2 8:30-10:00, Block 4 10:30-12:00) and afternoon make-ups
- Thursday, 1/16 (Block 5 8:30-10:00, Block 7 10:30-12:00) and afternoon make-ups
- Friday 1/17 (Block 6 8:30-10:00, Block 8 10:30-12:00) and afternoon make-ups
- Food – Breakfast is served daily and lunch will be served bag lunch style.
- Study Areas – If students don’t have a mid-term they are expected to be in the cafeteria or the library
- The library will be reserved for students who want an area to destress (quiet activities – coloring, puzzles, maker activities ) or a quiet study area.
- The cafeteria will be open to students who want to study with classmates and/or eat food.
- Study Support (Room 104) – Study Support room will be staffed and the room will be available for interested students; teachers have the right to require attendance if a student has specific make-up work they need to complete (communicate directly w/ SS teacher)
To reduce traffic in the academic wings, students are expected to remain in their exams for the entire 90-minute testing block. Students arriving late to tests will be sent to the main office for a pass.
Afternoon Make-Up Exams
Make-Up exams are to be scheduled between teacher and students during the afternoon make-up time (12:30-2:45)
Busses will run daily at 12:15 and 2:45
From The OOBHS Boosters
The basketball season is upon us. The home schedules are on the OOBHS website. We will need volunteers for the concession stand. Please go to the website or email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up and help work the games! Students can get community service hours toward graduation by helping with concessions.
Please Read My 2019-2020 Snow Day Memo!
Order your 2020 Yearbook now!! Order online, or see Ms. Moutsatsos in the Cafeteria to pay with cash or a check. Yearbooks are $55.00. If you order online you can pay in 3 monthly installments ($16.67 each)! Visit the Josten’s website for more information.
Important and Upcoming Dates:
- Tuesday, January 14 to Friday, January 17 – Midterm Exams
- Monday, January 20 – MLK Day – No School
- Wednesday, February 5 – Early Release Day
- Monday, February 17 to Friday, February 21 – February Break
That’s it for this week. Thank you!